Monday, June 27, 2016

Digital Natives and Digital Immigrants

I consider myself to be both a digital immigrant and a digital native. On the one hand in high school we used floppy disks to save our work in class.


 When I arrived at college it was a digital world. Floppy disks were replaced by USB hard drives and most papers were written on the computer. I'm pretty hip to technology and social media and the way that it is used, however I don't interact with technology the same way that someone younger than me does. Hence why I feel slightly like a digital immigrant.


htt

2 comments:

  1. I agree Omar, I still have some floppy disks in my garage somewhere. I used them up until they changed to the hard disks, and then cd's. I feel that if you lived and used, then you probably are not an immigrant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Omar, I still have some floppy disks in my garage somewhere. I used them up until they changed to the hard disks, and then cd's. I feel that if you lived and used, then you probably are not an immigrant.

    ReplyDelete